Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Pablo Neruda / Ode to the Happy Day


Picture by Duy Huynh

Ode to the Happy Day
by Pablo Neruda
BIOGRAPHY



Pablo Neruda / Oda al día feliz ( Original en español)

Let me be happy
nothing has happened to anybody
I am nowhere special
I am only
happy
through the four chambers
of my heart, I am strolling,
sleeping, or writing.
What canI do? I'm
happy.

I am more uncountable
than the meadow grass
I touch the skin of a wrinkled tree,
and the water below,
and the birds above,
and the sea, like a ring
around my waist.

The Earth is made of bread and stone.
The air sings like a guitar.

You, by my side in the sand,
you are the sand.
You sing, and you are song.

Today the world
is my soul,
song and sand;
today, the world
is your mouth.

Let me be happy
on the sand, touching your mouth.


Let me be happy
to be be happy, because yes, because I am breathing,
and because you are breathing,
happy, because I am touching
your knee,
and it is as though.

I am touching the blue skin of heaven
and its pristine air.

Today let me be happy
with everybody – or without them,
with the deep green meadow,
and the sand,
with the air and earth,
happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment